The park is situated in the region between Opatija and Visoko, in an area called Škrbići, along Opatija's main street, Marshall Tito's Street. A low stone wall is built in along the paveway. In the southern part the park is not fenced, so one can reach the coastal promenade by using the public staircase between the garden of villa Rosalia and the garden around the Belvedere Hotel. It was founded in 1885 as a private park, and in 1955 it became a public park. It is situated within the protected cultural–historical entirety of Opatija. In the course of time, the connection and the relation between the garden and the villa along which it was originally built were lost.
The plant inventory of the company Parkovi d.o.o. identifies 16 plant species on the park's surface covering 1,000 m2, of which the following can be underlined: Chamaerops lawsoniana (Mediterranean dwarf palm), Cupressus sempervirens (Mediterranean cypress), Cupressus tulosa, Libocedrus deccurens (Californian cedar), Magnolia grandiflora (large-flower magnolia), Picea excels (common juniper), Sequioa sempervirens (coast redwood).
A peculiarity of the garden Bulgaria are the two very big specimens of coast redwood, while other plant species are just like the ones in other Opatija's gardens. There are neither garden-architectonic constructions nor equipment in the garden. The alleyways are gravelled, and the flower-beds are bordered with broken stone. Illumination is released with two simply shaped lamps. The atmosphere provided by the garden is characteristic of a peaceful, green and relatively isolated green oasis. Since there are no benches in the garden, staying and movement are limited to walking and passing through the main street toward the coastal promenade. Since there are evergreen and coniferous plants in the garden, the basic tone of the garden throughout the entire year emanates from various nuances of green.
The Bulgaria garden is part of the oldest garden surfaces of Opatija which were designed at the end of the 19th century in historicist stylistic expression. Both the villa and the garden were at the time designed in a characteristic way: the space in front of the villa was accentuated with low floor of circular form, bordered with lowly cut box-tree. When the connection between the garden and the villa was lost, the garden’s initial concept and stylistic characteristics were also lost.